Friday, October 29, 2010

Chi-town Wedding

Well I am a little slow at getting items posted to my blog.  I had a feeling this would happen.  I promise to try and get better.  Really I promise.  So time to get on with the show.

I wanted to share with everyone my recent trip to Chicago the first part of October.  Chi-town in the fall is amazing and going there for a wedding is just an added bonus.  My BFF Gail's nephew Matthew was getting married to a lovely girl named Cori.  An added plus it was also Gail's birthday.  So time to load onto another plane and head back to the midwest. 

Gail and I have been friends for over twenty years and her family after all this time feels like my second family.  I actually have more Facebook friends that are members of Gail's family than I do my own.  Well the wedding was amazing, seeing everyone and visiting was great but as always when you go to Chicago...the food was beyond!

Another great thing about this trip was getting to visit with my common law BIL's sister Kathy.  Gail, Kathy and I had a nice dinner and chat-a-thon.  I hope to be able to see her again soon.

Well now on to the best part of the trip...the pictures.

My room at the Herrington Inn in Geneva, IL.  It was amazing!  

The Inn had a turn down service.  Okay people, I LOVE a turn down service.  Chocolates on the pillow.  Usually there are robes and slippers.  I love it!  But at the Herrington Inn they offer a different turn down service.

Milk and cookies!  Hell to the Ya!!
I was in love.  Cookies and milk with my robe and slippers with the fireplace lit.  Oh did I forget to say there was a fireplace in the room...oh yeah!

The inn sits right on the river and here is the view right outside my room.


The happy couple - Mr. & Mrs. Wandolowski
My amazingly super sweet lovely girlie friend Aubrey!  Love me some Aubs!
Aubrey is Gail's niece Stephanie's daughter.  Aubs helped me celebrate my birthday in Atlanta.  Aubs is amazing.  She is such a great kid.  We loved that her drink at the reception was turning her tongue red.   Have I told y'all how great Aubrey is!  We spent a good portion of the reception trying to get her to dance.  It was not a success.  But beware...I will be trying again when one of the other nieces or nephews get married.  Oh the other fun thing was we were watching Mary's soccer team play against the University of Texas on Gail's BIL's phone.  It was wrong on so many levels but we had a great time anyway.

A Chicago dog!
I could not leave town without having a hotdog from Portillo's.  They are the bomb!!  The other great meal that we had was when we went to visit some of Gail's friends.  I have never had a bad meal in Chicago.

But no matter where I go or how long I am gone, it is always great to come home to this...

My babies!
Happy Fall Everyone!!

Sunya

P.S.  I know there were requests to see the dress I wore to the wedding but as I was downloading pictures I realized that they were all on Gail's camera.  I will get some and post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment